Blue to red.
As he naps, I start getting ready to make the living room red instead of blue. Getting him well comes first, and there is little I can do when he naps. Might I note that he isn’t in pain when he naps, and that’s what I care about most.
But I am a selfish and self-centered person. Gotta keep me busy. So I kept all the red pillows out last time we were in the upstairs storage. I can bring up red art instead of blue from the garage. But bringing the red rug upstairs requires two people, moving the lamp requires a well muscled person, and I don’t think being hot and sweaty helps shingles. Although I have access to the bottom floor of the house, he is sleeping smack in the middle. Sleeping is a far more important thing than keeping me busy. So I've been reading.
He keeps the corn and peas balanced on his head, and I read about corn and peas. My cookbook collection sits right next to my favorite chair, and I’ve been pulling them out to amuse myself. Of course, none of this is healthy for me or my vision.
Nor are the very fattening dinners out. He’s already scabbing over, so there may be life after shingles induced comfort food.
- Keeping those on the east coast in my thoughts and donating where it will count.
- Himself: Doing better. Monday next eye doc appointment and he goes back to work.
- Herself: I need to do physical things as my eyes are very tired. I’ve been reading way too much.
- Reading: ”A New Way to Cook.” I’ll tell you about it later.
- Balance: Thinking of the veterans this special holiday. Thank you however you managed to serve.