For some unexplained reason, The Geezer seems to enjoy Project Runway as much as I do. Last night we settled in at 6 pm for the long haul. There was the ending of last season, there was the drama, the hope, the one winner when there should have been more. There was the start of the new season introducing the 2013 designers and their work.
You should have heard us. Just like the worst of the judges, we nitpicked, criticized, tore apart, and mourned the loss of the first candidate. One designer thought she was good, then hours later she discovered she was far, far behind the eight ball. Several others had great talent, and we are looking forward to seeing what they can do. A new judge. I hope he is as good as the last one. An older candidate….oh, what a dowdy piece she produced by “team.”
And it’s to be design by team this season. In real life, much of the fashion world is teamwork focused. Most of this group were totally against working by team.
“Everybody does what I say.” “I’m a team of one.” “I’m fine working in a team as long as I am in charge.” I laughed when I heard the designers say things like that. We saw a few small bits of teamwork last night, but not a lot. It’s going to be an interesting season unless they all adapt.
- Keeping those on the east coast in my thoughts. Thomas.
- Himself: Feeling pretty good. Tomorrow is his birthday.
- Herself: Yesterday: jackhammered myself into action, brought up the watercolors and pencils, bagged all the stuff for the taxes, and fixed an innovative dinner that didn’t quite work. Today: Woke late, skipped gym to drink my coffee and write. Store, shopping, lite dinner. OD seems to be just coasting while the DM is off earning a living.
- Reading: A new, to me, author, Susan Dunlap. Well crafted.
- Answers: Yes. Huge, three story salt mounds hidden behind grasses. Weight: Yes, but like me, they need to learn to eat less when they get to the move around less stage. Yes, there are many that keep it off. Remember my friend Marion B” She took it off and kept it off.
- Balance: Listening to the rain fall on the roof. I love it.