|Is there anybody out there?|
Scruples: Remember the game of Scruples, the game or moral dilemmas? Without climbing into the attic to find my game, I pulled some sample questions from the 'net and will answer them now.
1. Your finance gives you a new video camera as a gift. When you agree to break off the engagement you're asked to return the camera. Do you?
2. Your spouse has become a nervous wreck since she began day trading on the internet. But she made $10K in a month. Do you make her stop?
3. The teacher asks if you wrote your son's book report. Your son claimed he did it but the teacher's right. Do you admit it?
4. You've sold your house. Before you move out, the roof starts to leak. Do you have it fixed?
5. You e-mail your picture to a gorgeous person you met on the internet. Do you mention that you gained thirty pounds since the picture was taken?
6. A friend offers to hook you into pay-TV for $2.00. He says the risk of being detected is slight. Do you tune in?
7. There are no dryers available at the laundromat. Suddenly one is free and you claim it. A woman protests that she has been waiting longer than you. Do you yield it?
8. Late one evening, your 19-year old daughter asks permission for her boyfriend to stay over. Do you give it?
9. You come across your mate's personal address book. Do you glance through it?
10. After your guests leave, you discover a dollar in change on the sofa where one was sitting. Do you make a point of returning it.
11. You make long distance calls as part of your work for a middle-size firm. Do you make private calls if you know they cannot be traced?
12. You are driving alone on a highway at night. A desperate looking person tries to flag you down. Do you stop?
13. A door to door salesman comes by. He looks a little worse for wear. There is nothing you want. Do you buy something out of sympathy?