I really should be listening to lecture recordings and catching up on missed classes, but I figure that can wait until after I've written a diary entry.
I'm not feeling particulary literary tonight so I might just go through what I've been up to in simple chronological order.
*July 15-17: Mission Impossible
- Apart from a rainstorm on friday night the weather stayed pretty fine all weekend, creating a good weekend of hiking, camping and 'Rovering'. hile we probably didnt do quite as well as I would have liked, it was still a pretty good weekend and a change from doing nothing.
Thursday 21st July: Interpol (Metropolis Fremantle)
- I'd been looking forward to this concert for ages and it didnt disappoint ith the New York quartet (with an attached 5th member) putting on a very cool, moody, atmospheric show. Definitely one of the best concerts I've been too.
Saturday 23rd July - Pelican Point Pirate party
- Although we didnt end up with much of a crowd it was still a good nite and I was impressed by how smoothly the night ran considering how shoddy our pre-planning was
Wednesday 27th & Thursday 28th July
- Went to see Queens of the Srone Age (Metropolis City) and 'the Doves' (Metropolis Fremantle), both of which were really good shows. QOTSA possibly werent quite as good as last time I saw them, but that was probably due to the fact that 'Lullabies to paralyze' wasnt as good as "Songs for the Deaf'. The Doves on the other hand put on a surprisingly good show, probably helped by the smaller more compact size of Metropolis Fremantle.
12th - 14th August
- Last weekend was taken up with an army weekend. As far as Army camps go it was pretty slack, with local leave each night and no PT. Friday night was taken up with shooting practise at the WTTS while Sat-Sun were spent doing a Radio catch up course (for those of us who didnt do much Comm's at Kapooka). All in all, another example of how much time the unit wastes at the moment.
In other general news I'm still working at Legal Aid, still trying to get to grips with all my Uni work (something that will become harder when I miss several weeks of class) and am still scheduled to fly out on the 27th of August for Sydney to do IET module 2. For once I'm actually kinda keen to go away for an army course - not only because I need the money and finally want to finish getting trade qualified, but also becaue I am actually interested in learning the subjects (Demolitions, mine warfare etc, search etc).
Knowing myself, the next LJ entry I write will be in a month or so after I've got back, so I guess we'll see then whether I did actually enjoy it or not?
(Like my other last few entries this is a copy & paste of my Live Journal entry)