I've just been re-reading my old entries (the last was nearly a year ago! And I said I'd miss Opendiary...) and there is but one conclusion to draw: I am the biggest, snobbiest elitist I've ever met. I hope I never, ever encounter someone just like me. I know I'd have to murder both of us. In fact, and I run the risk of sounding emo as I say this, I hate myself. I don't know how anyone stands me at all.
On to happier things...
I passed Grade 9 Geo with a 62 by half-assing everything (Ms.H only passed me because I was one of the few students devoted to her self-serving club, SASS. And I was only there for the food.). SASS, by the way, stands for "Students Against Sexual Stereoyping", a delightfully feminine title that keeps most of the straight guys at my school from joining. And to think, they're missing the experience of slapping people with stickers featuring rainbow lips, while saying "You've been kissed by SASS" as we hand out Hershey's Kisses. Its really no wonder that there are 8 nmembers on a good day, and they're all chicks.
Now that I think of it, there is a whole lot that's happened to me since my last post...including the revelation that blogging is stupid and egotistical. And that I am a self-satisfied hypocrite. Anyway.
1. I got the shit worn out of my feet on trip (at Camp) and I ended up having to go on hardcore antibiotics to kill the infection which made my feet swell painfully and was quickly climbing up my legs. You'd think someone would tell me there was a certain kind of shoe that you should wear while mountain climbing, and that one is meant to break it in years prior to the event. Sheesh.
2. I've gotten truly drunk once, at New Years Eve (05-06), on four glasses of wine. Funny, I had to drink the same amount of Rum the other night to get a similar effect. Mena isn't such a lightweight anymore! *Yay* Soon Kai and I will be boozing it up on a regular basis, and I'm young, so there'll be no hangover! Unless I get alcohol poisoning (cough, Kai) then I needn't feel like there's peanut butter on my brain when I wake up in a hospital bed the next morning (Kai, genius of geniuses, thought it would be fun to get smashed alone in her room. It wasn't, and none of us will ever let her forget it.) I exagerate when I imply that I plan on becoming an alcoholic; that's just the addictive personality talking.
3. My juvenile deviation has taken a turn for the worse. I now read erotica more often than I'm proud of, being that I'd never be able to work up the courage to ask someone out and actually get a boyfriend or girlfriend. Finding some racy teenagers-with-older-men smut is totally what I'm after, and www.totse.com is, among other things, an excellent source of such writings.(What? Mena doesn't have a geezer fetish...)
4. I have fallen in love...with the X-Files. That should explain the title of this entry... MENA HATES KRYCEK! AAAH!
4.5 Have fallen in love...with an actual, breathing, in-the-flesh person. ("But doesn't that go against everything Mena stands for?") Yes, it does, and for that I shall never forgive myself. So shhh, now, before this information combusts within your head (at my command, of course) to give you a fatal anyeurism (sp?). But, as is typical with teenage love and heartbreak, I can never be sure if he thinks of me as a buddy or a prospective love interest. He's an amazing person, so I'd be thankful for either (he's been warming up to me recently, in one manner or another). I just know what I'd prefer. Ooh, ooh! Not that anyone cares, but here's a hint: there's a vowel in his name... (I consider this the überheart).
5. I am officially bisexual, however mainstream and trendy it now is. And yes, I do also like American Eagle and H&M. I've just never had the time or resources necessary to raid them of their sweatshop-produced "Free To Be" t-shirts. Oh, the irony.
6. I am a total astrology whore. Really, of anything occult and "fringe". The kind of stuff people either put too little or too much stock in. Astral projecton, past life regression, palmistry, channeling, Karma, trans-substantiation. Like all the fun things you can find on Totse. That stuff, and how to hack comuters and make Axe-bombs (take that, you pubescent boys who seem to bathe in the stuff every day). And, according to Celtic Astrology, I am a Maple, who strives for independence of mind.Another page says I'm a Melancholy Willow...I suppose it's possible to be both...
7. Lastly, I am utter shit at science. And math. And basically anything that requires logic. As you can see, I need to number things to keep them straight in my head - I have very little skill when it comes to linear thinking.
On to newer and hopefully more thrilling things...
I am unbelievably tired right now (what a disapointment), and I fear I shall have to go now, lest I collapse and crack the screen of my mum's laptop like I did my dad's... (Caption: Not fun.)
So, farewell all, until I build up the personal tolerance to post something again. SOOO TIRED... *the sound of Mena crashing*