|The Workshop Blog|
Designing your own prom dress can be an exciting experience! This article is going to give you some great tips so you too can be a showpiece at your prom! When you design your own prom dress there is no greater joy than wearing your own creation, and you're also going to enjoy numerous glances filled with admiration. You can make sexy prom dresses and you don't need a degree in fashion to be able to do it. Do you have the courage to be creative and innovative? You'll also need to believe that you can create the best possible for yourself. When it comes to the prom, there's probably no other occasion that focuses on the importance of a dress more. Don't be shy, but remember to always seek advice from the experts who should include your local designer, older siblings, parents, or basically someone who is knowledgeable with materials and fabrics. If you're looking for some guidelines to follow, read these carefully before you attempt to design your own dress.
· Make a list, along with a sketch of the accessories you're going to need, including purse, jewelry, footwear etc.
· Take a pad of paper and pencil and sketch the designs you have in mind. Keeping in mind every detail that comes across your mental picture of the dress you want to wear on prom night and how you would design your own prom dress.
· Pickup catalogs and visit various brick-and-mortar stores as well as internet web sites until you've exhausted all of the resources for creating your imagined designs.
· After you have sketched sexy prom dresses until you can't sketch anymore, and there don't seem to be any more ideas coming forth, put them aside for a few days and ponder on them.
· Go back and look at them a few days to a week later and pick out the ones that you like the most and you definitely want to wear to the prom.
· Remember to get the opinions of others by showing them your favorite dress designs and ask them to rank from top to bottom. You may have a pleasant surprise in store as they even may pick the one that you have in mind.
· After you've selected the one you want, visit your tailor and show him or her the sketch, pick out your fabric, and remember to have them measure you carefully so you don't over-purchase fabric. It can be expensive. Always be open to their professional opinion to improvise on your pattern, if necessary.
· Buy all that is required to bring your dress into reality and hand it over to your tailor and ask for a trail fit before the dress is put through the finishing process.
· Don't purchase any accessories until your dress is done and then you can buy matching cosmetics, jewelry, footwear, purse, etc.
Here are a few ideas for design your own prom dress theme.
· Miss Hollywood shows your sense of style with a designer-inspired gown
· If you're not into a proto-typical prom dress, opt for a cool cocktail dress
· Lady-in-waiting adds elegant trains and serious punch
· A celebrity favorite is a sheath dress and they are as comfortable as they are glamorous
· Va-Va-Voom is ultra feminine and is a great hip hugging gown
· Stemmed from the summer prairies skirt rage, tiered skirts have made a serious comeback
· The little black dress is a classic, so take your cue from Audrey Hepburn
· The high and low dress has a short hem in the front and is longer in the back and is truly unique and adorable
· Sans Straps are sexy prom dresses that have become all the rage and are almost a prom staple. They will flatter your figure, and are sassy and classy all at the same time.
· And finally for the Cinderella look, a bouffant skirt with an otherwise simple top combination. This type of gown requires minimal accessories, and you're going to have every eye on you.
You're going to feel so excited and vibrant after your dress is completed, and it should be something that let's you be yourself. When you design your own prom dress, there can be a great deal of satisfaction involved, and you're going to feel confident when you go your special night.