|Finding My Own Path|
Wow, isn’t it interesting that this is my first entry? I mean, I know it’s been a while since I wrote anything but I didn’t expect my diary to just disappear after 2 months of not logging in. Maybe someone is vindictive and high jacked my diary only to delete it’s content (including all diary entries, notes, and favorites), maybe it was an error on the website, or maybe in my sleep I decided to do it – regardless what is done is done. Oddly enough, last night I decided that I had been away from OD long enough. I was going to go into my diary, “clean up” the mess from my past by making all the break-up stuff private, and start writing again. Well, I guess my cleaning had already been done for me… so here I am. (I have emailed the OD staff – but I’m seriously doubting that there is anything that they can do.)
First of all, an explanation is probably in order. I had to take a break from OD for a while. I’m sorry to those of you that I all of a sudden lost contact with – but it was necessary for me to leave for my own sanity. So much had happen in my life – and this website was linked to a lot of it – in fact, let’s just list it out.
Thanks to OD:
- My girlfriend found a new girlfriend (while we were still together) and broadcasted it to anyone who wanted to read it.
- I publicly lost my mind for a few days after we broke up – writing all kinds of stuff that later went private.
- We fought out the final days of our broken relationship in front of our OD friends (and tons of secret lurkers I’m sure).
- (Not everything was negative!) I found lots of support as I went through such a tough period from people here. I got advice from those of you that had been through similar situations, empathy, and so many words of encouragement. It really did carry me through. (Thank you!)
- I HAD a way to see where I had come full circle – from the lowest of lows back up to where I belong. However, now, all of that is gone. But hey, good riddance. The past is the past right?
So, what is going on in Joni’s life now? Well, lots actually. I’m busy working – the holidays have been hell at work. And if you don’t live under a rock and just happen to watch CNN every now and then you know that my company has been under the gun of the DEA for a while now. It hasn’t been pretty but we’re working through it. Marcy and I are stronger than ever and inseparable. She is absolutely the most wonderful partner that I’ve ever had in my life and I am so lucky to have her. This morning she sent me an email that was waiting when I got to work and the last line said, “I love you beautiful woman and don't you take a breath without letting that thought pass through you!”
She sends me these kinds of things in email every day… it’s so sweet and makes me smile all of the time. And no, we didn’t take a U-Haul on the second date, but we are getting one next month. I will be moving to
Ok, well, that’s my update. I’ll be on here writing more tonight I’m sure.
Joni, aka Jones