I think that prioritizing responsibilities is a good thing. To have routine, to keep a schedule. In fact, I think it's a key reason why I am (sometimes) sane. I go about my every day life, basically doing the same things, every day.
- I wake up. Sit for a few minutes, allowing myself some wake up time.
- Wake up my daughter. Cuddle with her for awhile.
- Make breakfast and eat with my daughter.
- Clean the kitchen.
- Take a shower/Clean Bathroom (At least wipe down and make it look clean)
- Wash the laundry.
- Clean the living room
- Spend time with my daughter (Reading, Doing Crafts, Etc.)
- Drink my daily cup of tea and read my bible.
- Get on the computer
- Put Alana down for a nap/Rest
The afternoon always varies, but my mornings are always the same.
Recently, I realized that just by drinking my tea and reading my bible for those fifteen minutes while my daughter is cuddled up to me watching TV, I am finding myself more at peace. For a while, I was feeling so discontent with things. And I couldn't exactly pinpoint why. I was just unhappy. And I really had no reason to be. And I know that is really wearing on my boyfriend.
I need to make God my top priority. I need to make sure I fit him into my day. Everyday, I need to make sure I get those few minutes to read. Pray more. Even when I feel like Oh Gosh, I just don't have the time to sit down for a second, because I'll have two little ones and a house to maintain, and eventually I'll be back to work. But I can't push Him aside, even when I feel overwhelmed. I need to at least pray quietly to myself, while I'm doing all these things that make me feel like I'm going to go crazy.
Please help to me remember You are my priority above all else. And that with Your help, I can take care of everything else.