A Night Out!

Yesterday, 1/15/05, my husband and I had the whole day to ourselves because my son-in-law had taken my son to a convention called the “No Coaster Convention” for American Coaster Enthusiasts. It was a convention of coaster enthusiasts but, being winter, it was indoors at a hotel. They had a great time. I heard all about it today and my son had a bag full of coaster stuff that he had collected (or bought) and shared with us as he told us about the day.

My husband and I, however, had tickets to see the Raspberries at House of Blues last night. During the day we were going to get some more practical things done, but we didn’t. LOL We had fun instead 😉 First we slept blessedly late (well at least I did, my husband was on call for work and got paged right away). After he took his support call we ate breakfast and just sat around chatting. It was so wonderful. We never get a chance to just do that. We went online together and looked at news and OD and talked about stuff. We looked at funny stuff. We listened to cds. He sat around naked (he’s a nudist at heart) and I sat in my pajamas until about 3pm then we ended up in bed then in the shower then finally headed out for the concert.

We ate dinner at HOB which entitled us to jump the line for the concert so we never even had to wait in the cold and we got a couple of barstools in a great spot so that we could see the band and sit (if we wanted to) during the show. We sat during the opening band but I danced all through the Raspberries show. I don’t like to sit through pop or rock concerts… that makes it boring and it seems almost disrespectful if you’re in a club. I only stopped dancing during their one ballad at which point I just leaned against my husband (since he was sitting) and cuddled in his arms. It was like a wonderful date. My gosh, we had SUCH a good time and such good talks. I was really able to share so much of my heart with him (and the pepper martini didn’t hurt in terms of oiling my inhibitions away). We didn’t get home until about 1:30am and didn’t get to sleep until almost 3am.

Of course when the alarm went off for church this morning I never got up. We ended up spending some more time in bed together and not even going to church. After church my daughter and son-in-law dropped my son back home and my husband and I were enjoying coffee and breakfast and just talking some more. We were ready to hear all about Non-Coaster Con and felt like we had just returned from some wonderful honeymoon. I fell in love with him all over again. We really needed that time together!

Log in to write a note
January 16, 2005

wonderful! 🙂

January 17, 2005

I have a feeling the morning spent at home was as important as a morning spent in church. I could feel it as I read it.

January 18, 2005