5 years since my last entry….and how things have changed in those 5 years !
- I have moved from Austin to the Bay Area, sold the Austin home, with hopes of “making it big” in the Bay Area
- It has been 2 years since then, and I am not really thriving yet on the career front.
- The opportunity is definitely there – it is just that my energy levels. focus and drive have not been the laggards
- Still: I have got the director title I wanted, and have built a small network already (better than Austin, and it is just less than 2 years)
- Lots more to do and possible: the way is do more networking, feel lot more better about myself and where I already am, act with more confidence and poise, and focus more on others, act more enthusiastics, and work a bit harded. This is not the time to take it easy or slow. This is not why I moved to the Bay Area
Intentions are one thing. Actions are another. And it is in the “doing” that I have fell short time and again. Part of it is hopelessness (“why try when I know I will fail”). But the reason for this hopelessness is not grounded in reality – wheneven I have put focussed effort, most times I have reaped handsome rewards. So lets get to the chase and do some good deeds.