Wow, OD is incredibly slow tonight. This is only my 3rd entry so I don’t know if it’s always this way or not. Hope not.
I read an entry where someone wrote 25 things about themselves. I’m not sure how interesting it will be, but I’m going to do it too.
- I’m a 58 yr old white woman
- I live in a Florida tourist town. Been here almost 30 years, but this state still doesn’t feel like “home” to me. Upstate NY, amongst the mountains and lakes, is where I’m from and will always be home. In a normal non-pandemic year, I’m up North as much as possible.
- I have never married and have no children. Lots of siblings, nieces, nephews and we all are close
- My boyfriend of 15 years is a wonderful man. I love him very much
- I have Bipolar Disorder. I’ve had two psychotic episodes, each one resulting in months long Psyc ward stays. After the last one my doctors determined if stress were to contribute to another episode it could be life threatening. So I am permanently disabled. I haven’t worked full time in 11 years.
- I have/had lots of other health issues. Ovarian Cancer (long time survivor), mild heart attack, small stroke (TIA), balance, mobility, and speech issues (I walk with a cane), last year I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, which broke my heart. I lost 34 pounds but have put half back on during this pandemic. Currently I am struggling to stick to WW, having a very hard time. But I’m determined to take care of my health and get rid of this excess weight. I don’t take insulin for diabetes and I never want to. I’ve got a lot to deal with, but don’t we all?
- Theater is my passion. It has been for as long as I can remember. All through school and college I’ve been in plays or working behind the scenes. There’s a big, active arts community where I live and I’ve been involved in many different productions at various venues. What I can do on stage is very limited now due to my mobility issues. This has been hard to accept, but I’m trying to focus more on writing than acting.
- I LOVE to sing. However, I’m very critical of my voice. So I started to write and perform song parodies. I’m kinda well known in town for my silly songs! I’m asked to be in shows pretty regularly, mostly for charity. It’s really fun, and physically I can do it with assistance. So I make the person helping me on and off stage part of the act!
- don’t worry, I’m not going to do 25 things. In fact I’ll stop at 10!
- I’m moving into a low income handicap accessible apartment in two weeks. In most ways that is wonderful, but my boyfriend’s income is too high. He’s not eligible to live there with me. I’m sure I’ll delve more into that later, but that’s a current stressor in my life. Mostly good stress though
well that’s more than enough for now!