I was in the process of writing about how crappy this year has been for me, thus far:
- I had what was supposed to be a simple hysterectomy turn into a total hysterectomy.
- I turned 50.
- I went septic and spent several days in the hospital.
- I had to push IV antibiotics for a month, through a PICC line, at home.
- Not long after I got off the PICC line, Drew ended up in the hospital with abdominal pain. It was a week and a half before they figured out what was wrong. Then he had his gall bladder out.
- On Sunday, I’m starting to feel like life is back to normal. I go out to feed my dogs, and my sweet princess, Despereaux had passed away.
But! then the doorbell rang. There was a package. It was a Build-a-Bear with a full set of Ravenclaw gear!
Drew’s adult daughter got it for me for Mother’s Day (she thought it would take much longer). Drew and I have been together almost six years, and this is the first year she’ll have gotten me a gift! I’m so high on this, right now.
I’ve named him Archie. 💖💖💖
The universe always reminds me that love is all we need!