I guess I broke.
Don’t worry, I’ve pulled myself together…somewhat. 🙂
I called the doctor’s office this morning and spoke with Dr. G.’s medical assistant. I needed some information about that fender-bender Liz and I had last summer – was filling out the insurance papers. While I was on the phone with her, I asked her about the low platelet count in my blood test. She calmed my nerves by telling me that if Dr. G. thought it was something serious, he would have called me himself to set up an appointment ASAP. Since that wasn’t the case, it’s a good possibility that the test was a false positive – or the platelets temporarily dropped due to a virus I was fighting off. I’ll probably have blood drawn again next week when I go back to see him, to have it checked again. So, that was a sigh of guarded relief…
As for the Statin, I told her that I felt the statin was causing me increased body/muscle/joint pain and I didn’t want to take it anymore. I told her I’ll discuss with the Dr. about trying out the Red Yeast Rice for three months.
The Red Yeast Rice is something I will INSIST upon! I’ll convince him to give me a three month trial to see if I can take care of this MY way. If the tests come back the same or worse, then I’ll do what he wants.
The reason why he was so persistent about the Statin drug is because of the diabetes – putting me in a much greater risk for heart disease (not to mention my stupid smoking habit – which I need to quit). In light of my recent Fibromyalgia diagnosis, however, he may be willing to let me try this. I don’t need or want ADDED pain. Smh!
I’m sorry about my foul mouthed outburst in my last entry. The stress has been incredibly ridiculous lately and that phone call about my test results was completely unexpected and disappointing. All I could think of was how I FINALLY took the steps necessary to go back to school and "what if this is something serious?" kept nagging at me. I’ve come such a long way, health-wise, that I really don’t need any more set-backs. There’s just too many people depending on me to succeed.
In other news:
The keyless remotes to our truck were going bad. Hubby bought two new ones. I followed the directions on how to program them and it only worked on one remote. Bah! So, as per instructions, I tried it again, but instead of it programming the second one, it wiped out the new one I just programmed!! GRRRR!!! Now, no matter how many times I’ve gone through the process to get them programmed, nothing happens. Now I have NO working remotes!
To lock the truck I have to put the keys in the ignition, hit the door lock on the driver’s door to lock all the doors except the driver’s door, pull the keys out, close the driver’s door and then lock it with the key.
I’m calling the garage to see what they suggest.
I hope everyone is having a lovely Monday and has a good week.
Until next time…. (((hugs)))