Today is payday, so I got up early to head over to Stockton. I had a list of things I wanted to get:
- the second issue of the MST3K comic (the reason I was heading to Stockton, the only comic shop in Boro that does new releases doesn’t have it,
- a new pair of shoes (my Army boots have finally given up the ghost)
- cigarette papers and filters
- a cheap watch (really don’t need an expensive one)
- ingredients to make slow cooked sweet and sour chicken
- see if I could get the new Stephen Fry book cheap
The comic shop didn’t have the comic, the only shoe shop where I could afford new shoes didn’t have the only pair I liked in my size, the Poundland there didn’t have the skins or the filters, I couldn’t find the watch I was planning to get and there’s no way I could afford the book from the one shop that actually had it.
I came home, 5 hours later with sore feet, issue 2 of the Stranger Things comic and the cooking ingredients.
I could have saved some time, gone into Boro town centre and got more done that I needed to.
I then decided to look for a book when I got back home. It’s released (or possible re-released, it’s a mite fuzzy) over here today so i~ was going to see if I could get it online cheap. Problem is, I can’t remember the fucking name of either book or author. I know what the cover looks like, I know what the book is about, just none of the info I need to actually find the thing.
So, I’m in a mood. I’m a grump.
*EDIT* found the book. It’s A Different Drummer by William Melvin Kelley