Winter won’t leave WNY
So I’m not sure what or how to write this with it being group thing, but here it goes..
So its April and its freezing here in WNY, so here’s a get soup recipe:
Hot sausage ( if you can get it unlinked, I know that is a made up word, good cooking doesn’t mean being literate, 😜 If it is in links, cut off the skin
Kale cut the leaves off stalks, most know this, but just in case… Chop it up, nothing worse than burning your lip on a big old piece of soup kale 😳
Diced onion and Minced Garlic so unless you like to do the work, buy them that way.
Diced Potatoes Another cheat, frozen southern style hash browns. You can do it by hand too, if wanted..
1/2 Pint Heavy Cream and 6 cups Chicken Broth
Ok Let’s put it together
- Get you favorite soup pan or whatever you call it. Use about 1 or 2 tablespoon olive oil and brown the loose sausage. (Personally you got to have the hot sausage, it just adds to this soup, but I’m sure mild will work)
- Add Diced onion, 1 onion is enough and 1 tablespoon mince Garlic. Let them just mix together. People in your house will love the smell..
- When sausage is brown, add the 6 cups of broth. Stir and cover. When it comes to boil or close, add Kale.
- After about 5 – 10 minutes, add the cream and potatoes.
- OK, it’s soup. Turn the heat lower and stir occasionally and in about 30 minutes its done
That’s it.. Easy peasy, Try topping it with grated parm cheese.. Its also easy enough to experiment with. Just remember taste first and then add, its hard to take stuff out of soup once added 🤣
very nice intruction! do u often make it?
I haven’t recently, I went through a divorce and don’t have enough people around to make it.